Employment related lawsuits have become more common. What many physicians don’t realize is that help is literally a phone call away.
County Medical Association and Society/CMA members have access to a unique blend of risk management services and insurance specifically designed to assist physicians in addressing these important employment issues. Among the features of the sponsored Employment Practices Liability program are:
- A Helpline staffed by experienced employment defense attorneys. Any manager, officer or principal of your practice has access to the Helpline for obtaining advice on handling workplace issues, including internal sexual harassment complaints, discipline and employee terminations.
- If a member seeks Helpline advice on an employee termination which later results in a claim, there is a 50% reduction of the member’s EPLI deductible for that claim.
- Free comprehensive criminal background checks for newly hired and promoted managers/supervisors.
- EEO compliance training for managers/ supervisors. An internet-based training program, compliant with California law, provides supervisors with sexual harassment training.
- A low minimum annual premium.
- Wage and Hour Defense Coverage option.
- Special CMA/County First Time Buyers program.
For more information or to obtain a quote, please contact Mercer at 1-800-842-3761 or email us at: email@example.com